[MacDV] Editing from DVD

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Feb 7 13:35:03 PST 2003

Looking back on your original post below Ken, are you saying they only
have DVD burning capability and not DV tape recording capability?
Because the only way to preserve the quality of any analog source would
be to make a DV recording of it. The DVD recording will obviously be
full of artifacts and look a lot softer than the original. The DV
recording should preserve almost all of the original source recording
— DV tape dropouts not withstanding. It's all pretty fragile when you
get right down to it. : ^ )