[MacDV] Re: Editing from DVD

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Feb 7 13:25:29 PST 2003

Yes Erica is right. The TRV-900 does not do pass through. None did at
that point three or four years ago. I forgot.

I hooked up the DVDplayer to the old 1999 Sony DVMC-DA2 Media Converter
and was able to import the playback of my Toast 5.2 auto export (you
remember that day don't you?) Video CD recording of my edit of the
iMovie Tutorial with the kids and Mattie getting a bath. No problem.
Put in SpiderMan and it's a definite MacroVision no go. Just continue
to see the player's logo on the import screen.

But as long as the DVD or VCD source doesn't have that protection your
friend should be good to go Ken.

No harm intended Erica. ; ^ ) You do great work!

Love,