[MacDV] Re: Editing from DVD

Ken McNamara conmara at grandcanyonhiker.com
Fri Feb 7 13:16:58 PST 2003

Thubten Kunga wrote:

> The only caveat would be if the macro-vision copy protection scheme
> would block the transcoding from happening if it's a protected
> commercial source. I don't know if it will or not. But I'll give it a
> try later today if no one reports their try in the next hour. Can't you
> try it Ken?

I'm kind of like you - if no one reports having done it, I'll probably
try it sometime (but it'll be at least this weekend or later).

Just hadn't given it much thought before.  I'm happy archiving on DV
tape, no point in doing this.  But I've got a couple of friends that
just keep itching to dump their personal material to DVD.  The
editing/quality issue is the only thing holding them back.

     KenMc - conmara at grandcanyonhiker.com
       http://www.grandcanyonhiker.com
              See our new video -
'Hiking the Grand Canyon - The Corridor Trails'