Final Cut Express

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Fri Feb 7 15:45:13 PST 2003

Macintosh Digital Video List2/7/03 11:50 AMMacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com

> I resent Final Cut Express because I bought Final Cut Pro for the full
>> price of $1300 including upgrades just 13 months ago,. Now you can buy
>> barely cut down version for onequarter the price.

Is it really a barely cut down version or considerably more low end? I don't
know because I'm just starting to learn about FC as a whole but I've heard
rumblings that Express really does leave quite a few features out that
aren't particularly just for the broadcast quality and pro user. Is it true
that even the logging is different?

I know the price issue stings a bit (and that's understandable) but try to
look at it as maybe you really did get a lot more for your money than you
think...

Has anyone really compared the features between the two?

Kathy