List Splitting

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Fri Feb 7 18:46:16 PST 2003

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 16:27:14 -0600, David Thrasher <idave at earthlink.net> wrote:
>Here's one vote "No" to splitting up the list. For one, I don't like the
>idea of having some "elite" list for one group who already know
>everything leaving the beginning people to fend for themselves. I think
>there's a benefit for having everyone here even though it creates a lot
>of traffic. A better solution to the size problem, if that is what is
>the problem, is just limiting the size of the quotes from previous
>messages. I think everyone has something valuable to contribute to the
>list, even if it is just asking a good question to start things off.

Any of you who are having trouble with the high volume of messages
might want to switch to digest mode if you aren't using it already.
You get all the same information, but it doesn't clutter up your
mailbox as much. Digests appear to be sent when the size of pending
messages exceeds about 19 or 20K bytes.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>