[MacDV] Re: Movies for a Pee Cee

Ron Woodland woodland at infowest.com
Tue Feb 11 08:24:02 PST 2003

I've done the same thing as Donna.  When you install QuickTime, the
player is disabled unless you've purchased the Pro license.  However,
older versions of the player (previous to version 3 of QuickTime, I
think) are fully-enabled players.  Yes, they're older in the interface
design, but they run with the newer QuickTime system stuff, even under
OS X.  The only downside is that the older player is not OS X native, so
it has to run in Classic mode.

Ron Woodland