[MacDV] Extracting Audio from iMovie

Richard Dalziel-Sharpe dalshar at optushome.com.au
Thu Feb 13 05:29:36 PST 2003

Steve,
Export the whole file to QuickTime as Quicktime DV highest quality this
will take real time or a bit longer depending on your Mac. Then open
the resulting Quicktme DV file with Quicktime Player and then you can
extract the Audio in any format that QuickTime supports. And work on
the resulting file with any suitable audio software you have.
iMovie really has little or no support for working on its audio
separately from the video. But once you have tweaked the sound outside,
it will accept mp3 and AIFF sound back in.
Richard