[MacDV] Digitizing audio using iMovie (was Re: Extracting Audio from iMovie)

Doug Mitchell bogeyman at golden.net
Thu Feb 13 10:14:42 PST 2003

This is an area that I am currently very interested in.  At Christmas I
video taped a choral concert and then took the iMovie files ad
extracted the audio.  As I did not know about the simple solution I
opened the stripped audio files in "Sound Studio" and created a CD from
those files.  The CD has met with rave reviews from the concert
participants.  I am now trying to simplify the audio file collection
and I have turned to a Sony Mini-disc recorder.  I purchased an iMic
and I have just recorded an audio track from the mini-disc recorder
through iMic.  Even though it is a USB connection the quality is
amazing.  I as well am looking for any recommendations in this area.

Doug Mitchell