[MacDV] Re: Extracting Audio from iMovie

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 13 11:39:06 PST 2003

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 11:43  AM, Erica Sadun wrote:

>> ... also, You'll need Quicktime Pro for this.
>
> Actually, no you don't.
>
> Select the clip and choose Advanced > Extract Audio
> (Command-J). iMovie will extract your sound and place
> it in your Media folder as a voice clip.

This question has come full circle now ;-) I followed the above
instructions before I asked the original question, and found the voice
clip in the media folder for this project. The problem was that I
couldn't do anything with this voice clip outside of iMovie. iTunes,
for example, would not play it. Seems like it would be relatively easy
for iMovie to add the ability to export "audio only" in the most common
formats.

Steve Robertson