[MacDV] Re: Replay

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Feb 14 07:08:36 PST 2003

Erica is a world authority on Mac digital video. If she says that's the
way she does it, that's the only way you can do it from what you've
got. You are going to have to buy another system to do what you want to
do. You could buy an Eye TV system to record directly to your Mac.
<http://www.elgato.com/eyeTV/> I am waiting for the next model that
will support S-Video and Closed Captioning due sometime in the next 3-6
months. Here's all the Q&A on it. <http://www.elgato.com/eyeTV/faq.html>

Key spec is:
Q. What are the specifications of EyeTV's MPEG-1 video stream?
A. In Standard Quality mode: 352x240 pixels, 29.97 fps, 1.15 Mbps, and
in High Quality mode, 352x240 pixels, 29.97 fps, 2.30 Mbps.

Q. What are the specifications of EyeTV's MPEG-1 audio stream?
A. MPEG-1 Layer 2, 224 kbps, 44100 Hz