[MacDV] Re: Replay

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Fri Feb 14 07:24:11 PST 2003

Ummm - I think you're way off here.  Not sure where you got that info, but
you might want to check out www.tivocommunity.com for accurate info on what
can and can't be done (officially) with a Tivo.

I've owned a Tivo for quite a while, have modified it with both a larger
hard drive and broadband access, but I can assure you, Tivo doesn't now and
has announced no plan to support pulling video OFF the Tivo for any purpose
(other than the built-in "Save to VCR" feature).

Tivo series 2 have been out for some time and do not come with ethernet
ports.  They have USB ports and do now support USB-ethernet adapters.  Right
now this provides for broadband downloading of Tivo guide data and software
updates.  For those choosing to pay an additional price for the HMO (Home
Media Option) it will also allow series 2 owners to access files like
pictures and mp3s from computers on their home networks.  There will also be
the ability for owners with multiple series 2 Tivos to share video among the
Tivos - but not anything else.