[MacDV] How to add lots of text in iMovie 3?

Scott Baldwin sbaldwin at san.rr.com
Fri Feb 14 23:49:34 PST 2003

Gordon,

If you have a graphics program, like Graphic Converter  (or photoshop
etc) open a new document, set the size to 640 x 480 and select the type
tool.   Type what you need and save it as a high quality jpeg. iMovie
can import this as a still.  An Appleworks paint or draw document would
work but you really can't set the size precisely  in Appleworks.

You will have to fool around with the font and text size  to get it
right, and it will probably take several "pages" (different jpeg
documents) to get all the info you need.  import these into imovie in
sequence and set the time duration of each jpeg long enough to read
each page as the movie plays.

If you want to get fancy, create an appropriate still from your movie,
import that into your graphics program, add your text over the picture,
then reimport it back into iMovie.

Cheers,

Scott