[MacDV] Re: iMovie 3 unexpectedly quitting

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Sun Feb 16 20:01:44 PST 2003

ShirleyKat at worldnet.att.net writes:
>I paid $150 for the 512 DIMM at Crucial. Other World Computing and Coast
>to Coast both had the same thing for under $80.
Not all RAM is created equal, n'est-ce pas.

I just bought 2, 256 MB sticks from OWC (manufactured by PQI) and with shipping and the exchange rate, I paid $218 Cdn. to use in a Powerbook G3 (Lombard).

I found the same type of RAM (manufactured by Kingston) in Canada, but they wanted $380.

Now, OWC claims to say that they have tested their RAM with ALL Apple computers.

The first 256 stick I installed works in the upper slot, but I have not been able to install the 2nd 256 stick because I am a little hesitant to unseat the daughterboard from the processor board.  I don't know how much force to use to separate them to
gain access to the lower slot.

Has anyone else been successful when unseating the daughterboard in a Lombard Powerbook?

I'm hoping to install Jaguar as soon as I reach the recognized limit of onboard RAM.