[MacDV] Re: Mobile Setup

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Mon Feb 17 12:09:09 PST 2003

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 10:46 PM, Gowyn Wilcox wrote:

> I do this on a regular basis.  Yes you can capture strait to the
> external
> but not very well, dropped frames.
>
> Personally what I do and mind you I'm working with larger projects is
> capture to the internal.  Transfer to the external and leave it at
> home.
> Start the project but work in OffineRT, (saves space big time.)  When
> the
> project is done just reconnect in full res.

Hmmn, it depends, I think. If you're talking about a second internal
drive, then you should be fine. But, from what I've read from Michael
Rubin and others is that you should avoid capturing to the same disk
(or at least the same partition) as the system disk. I haven't had
trouble capturing to my external (OWC's Mercury Elite 120GB HD) when
I've used both FireWire ports on my Pismo. I have had difficulty when
daisy chaining from the drive to my camera however.

Daniel

Daniel Beck
danielbeck at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/danielbeck/