iMovie3 export poblem

Humberto O. Martinez,MD. hmartinez at miami.edu
Tue Feb 18 10:09:27 PST 2003

I was so happy to see that iMovie 3 could export directly to MPEG2 when
choosing the EXPERT Quicktime settings, thus bypassing the need to
export first as a Quicktime movie file. I found that the export ended up
with a defective AIFF sound file which only included the soundtrack of
the first segment of the movie (30 seconds) which consisted of an
imported DV file. The rest of the iMovie's soundtrack was bypassed and
never encoded (9 minutes worth). I found then that if I exported the
entire movie as a DV or MOV file ( like I always had to do with the
previous iMovie versions), it would then encode it as a complete MPEG2
and AIFF file. Is this a bug in iMovie 3?
Thanks
Humberto Martinez
Coral Gables, Florida