10.2.3 and iMovie 2.1.2 titles problem

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Tue Feb 18 11:22:22 PST 2003

We had our first class editing with iMovie 2.1.2, installed with
10.2.3, on flat screen 700 MHz iMacs, initializing the disk before
installing the OS.

The students discovered that they couldn't add titles to the
timeline.  They could create and preview the titles, but when they
tried to drag them into the timeline or clip viewer, nothing
happened.  Clicking and dragging did nothing.  There was no ghost
image of the title following the mouse pointer's drag down to the
timeline.

Has anyone seen this?  Any suggestions or work-arounds?  I got the
same results on my old G4 tower, and on an iMac upgraded to 10.2.4.

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center, Ortega Hall Rm 129, University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131  505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
Internet: derek at unm.edu