[MacDV] Re: Mobile Setup

Scott Baldwin sbaldwin at san.rr.com
Tue Feb 18 17:00:34 PST 2003

I didn't think a mac would run with two disks configured as master.
When I installed a second drive in my G4 dual 500, it was set to
master, as was the existing drive, and the  computer wouldn't boot
until I set them up as master and slave.  This was in OS 9.  Can two
drives be set to master in OS X?

I eventually installed OS X on the new drive, which is set to slave,
while OS 9 is still on the original drive set to master.  Should I have
OS X on the master? does it matter? does anybody really know what time
it is.....

Scott