[MacDV] Re: Toast Sessions NG With Superdrive

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Feb 19 06:59:55 PST 2003

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 06:39  PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

> I have had lots of problems with iMovie 3 the last couple of days but
> I did make a successful VCD yesterday and the export seemed real fast.

If you don't mind my asking, how fast is real fast? On my dual 1 GHz
machine it takes about 3 minutes of export time for every minute of
video. One factor to keep in mind though is that iMovie3 (or is it the
plug-in code) is still only using one processor at a time, so I'm
thinking my times should be comparable to a single 1 GHz system that's
not doing anything else.

One other note, the biggest speed improvement for me is that iMovie3
doesn't go into a coma when its in the background, so at least I can
now use my Mac to do other things while the export is occurring.

-Mike