IDVD Install - workaround?

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Fri Feb 21 20:44:33 PST 2003

Macintosh Digital Video List2/21/03 6:27 AMMacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com

> Anybody try this? iDVD3 with an external DVD drive. If it is for real
> I might have to buy iLife.
>
> Rod
>
>> This thing allows iDVD 3 to run without
>> a SuperDriver... whatever that means.

Well, I just tried this and I have no idea if it will launch or not because
I can't even INSTALL iDVD3 on a computer without the SuperDrive. How do you
get around the installation? Is there a back door way to get this app on the
computer?

I have the real install disc but it won't work. I have an entire network of
Macs in the house so is that a possibility? What are all the files I would
need to transfer over to another Mac to completely install iDVD manually?

Kathy