[MacDV] IDVD Patch + iDVD 3 to Disk Image = External Burning

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat Feb 22 00:00:08 PST 2003

[MacDV] IDVD Patch + iDVD 3 to Disk Image = External Burning

So I followed your lead Kathy and got iDVD 3 working on my Cube without
the DVR-105 hooked up to my inside bus. I have the inside bus cable
dangling outside my core but am still waiting for a pair of 6" female
to male IED extensions to arrive from New Jersey before I can attach it
from the outside of my Cube to the inside bus.

My question to everyone is this: If I create everything except the burn
on a non-SuperDrive, what do all the files needed to do the burn on a
SuperDrive Mac look like? Is there ultimately a disc image that we
could burn with Toast on an external DVD-RW drive? Or is it a
proprietary iDVD file that only Apple's burner interface for an
internal 103, 104, 105 or the new Sony DVD-/+RW drive that are in the
new iMacs must write to?

This iDVD 3 patch is certainly a step in that direction isn't it. If we
could just write DVD disc images from iDVD 3, instead of only burn
directly to an internal SuperDive, the external burners would finally
be allowed to produce the discs with Toast.

Anyone care to work out that small variation at the end of the process?
I still don't understand what the final file is just before the burn.
Or is it a group of files that get combined in the burn?