[MacDV] Re: iDVD3 w/ external drive... Anybody try this?

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat Feb 22 00:20:24 PST 2003

I am in the same boat you are Craig, an iDVD novice. But I think I can
now confirm that this patch will not help iDVD 3 work on a G3 Mac. I
just finished reinstalling it with the patch on a B&W G3 (was
temporarily a G4 from PowerLogix) and a G3 iMac and both installs would
not let iDVD 3 stay up. It would launch. But when I attempt to run the
Tutorial, it quits after a few seconds of the opening music.

So unless anyone else can confirm the opposite, I think the G3's are
out of the picture.

I want to know, like you do, the name of the "whatever it is called
file". Who out there on this list knows if it is one iDVD 3 file or a
disc image or a group of files that can only be combined with an iDVD 3
burn to an internal SuperDrive?

Thanks in advance for an answer. It seems like we are getting closer to
an external burner solution every day. I hope the dream may become
reality soon.