[MacDV] Re: delete imovie2--Help

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Mon Feb 24 15:22:21 PST 2003

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 06:44 AM, SLarsonIH at aol.com wrote:

> This is soooooo un Macintosh like. Soooooo wrong. I know I'm gonna
> have to
> move to Jaguar some day, but claw marks on 9 are gonna be soooo deep.
> I sure
> hope Apple gets it to the point you can do anything without going to
> the
> command line. *sigh* Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated
> into X. I
> remember when I used to say that about MicroShaft . . .

Well, remember that OS X is still young. AND, anyway, you shouldn't
have to log in as root to do this (with Jag, you do with 10.1). I
believe anyone who has admin privileges (which you do if you are the
owner of the computer) should be able to change ownership with Get Info.

BTW, I don't use the Terminal for anything.

Daniel
Daniel Beck
danielbeck at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/danielbeck/