iMovie2 data limits

BlameShow at aol.com BlameShow at aol.com
Wed Feb 26 17:51:52 PST 2003

Hello there,

I've been lurking here for several months, learning tons, saving myself
headaches, hours of frustration and money.

Currently I'm editing a documentary with iMovie 2 on a G4 iMAc 800 w/512 mb
ram, OS 9.2, using an OWC 120 gb ex-drive for data storage.

Don't smirk, think kindly of me as a superstitious loyalist. I edited my
first two docs on this same system last year and they sold around the
country. Why argue with success?

My question is-how much data in hours and minutes can the iMovie 2 movie
track/timeline hold? I have over two hours on it now. Unfortunately I have to
capture three more hours of raw dv footage to the Shelf that also must be cut
and edited.

Is the movie track/timeline unlimited? If not does anyone know its limits?
Also is the Shelf unlimited or finite. Any info on these ancient tools of our
trade would be helpful.

Thanks,
Larry