fundamental question

timjoe timjoe48 at webtv.net
Fri Feb 28 07:35:32 PST 2003

i plan to buy a superdrive-equipped powerbook for video editing and
production to dvd and other formats...this would be a big turn in the
road for me...however, reading this board for two weeks has been like
getting cold water splashed in the face!...now i have a feel for the
enormous range and compexity of problems that exist in this type of
endeavor...you know how it goes: you hear about what you can do with
technology (wow! i can edit video and burn dvds!) then you research it
and discover there are lots of bumps in the road, even though you have
cutting-edge gear...i feel i could be getting in way over my head...my
question is twofold:
1. is video work with a mac is more complicated and glitch-ridden than
you imagined it would be?
2. are there just too many pitfalls in this type of endeavor for an
average-ability videographer/computer user to deal with?
  tim