[MacDV] Re: DVD Labels

Shirley Kehr ShirleyKat at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 7 18:05:09 PST 2003

For years we've been cautioned not to use Sharpie markers on CDs because
they eventually bleed through and destroy the CD. I'd be even more
cautious about using one on a DVD. There are markers made for CDs that
don't have this effect (on the dye?). I wonder if they'd be safe on
DVDs.

Personally, I rarely mark a CD. I mark its case and make sure I put it
back in the case. If I do use a sharpie, I use it on the inner hub or
the outer part where nothing was recorded on the reverse side.

Shirley