[MacDV] Re: iMovie 3: Hurray!

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Tue Jan 7 18:25:08 PST 2003

>I can't believe Apple is still giving most of it away for free.

I wouldn't pay for iMovie3.  I already paid for iMovie2 when it became available and I don't think the new version has enough of an upgrade to warrant a price.  The new audio capability should make it easier to edit certain clips.  I don't know if I'll
like the new graphic interface. Actually, I was hoping for a second video track, but I guess I'll have to stick with Geethree's Slick Plug-ins Picture-in-Picture effects, or perhaps move to Avid's Free DV when it becomes available during the middle of
2003.  It'll support to 2 video tracks and up to 4 audio tracks.

iDVD3 looks promising, but I currently use a G3 Powerbook (OS9.1) and I am waiting for Apple to announce the new line of G4/G5 Desktop computers before I purchase a new system and begin burning DVDs.

With respect to the other iLife apps, I haven't used them and don't know if I ever will.

check out a claymation movie created by grade 4&5 students @ ...
http://homepage.mac.com/fabulousfootage/fabulousmovies/iMovieTheater21.html