[MacDV] Final Cut Express - Arrived

Shirley Kehr ShirleyKat at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 9 19:27:13 PST 2003

2 Days later - it's Here!

I ordered shortly after lunch on Tuesday and the Federal Express driver
came down my steps as I drove in from work today. That was the free
ground shipping too.

No mention of a QT Pro serial number and no mention that you need QT
Pro, to answer a question posed here earlier. However the readme says
you need QT 6.0.2 or later.

I'm already wondering what to do about specifying a scratch disk. Do I
really have to specify a different volume (or partition) if I'm just
going to import short clips for learning right now? I'll either get
bigger drives or a new G4 before doing any long projects.

There's a short install brochure, two sets of FCP Keyboard shortcut
stickers, a CD with the software, manual (750-page PDF) and a DVD from
DigitalFilm Tree titled Getting Started With Final Cut Express. I
suppose that has tutorials. (Amusingly, Apple suggests putting one of
the stickers with the serial number on the manual.)

I see I'm going to have to update my G4. FCE wants 10.2.2 and I've never
gone beyond the Jaguar CD.

Shirley (who'd rather play with FCE this weekend that do the user group newsletter)