iPod

Tim Shirey shirey at illustratedWORD.com
Fri Jan 10 01:52:42 PST 2003

On 1/10/03 5:21 AM, "Macintosh Digital Video List"
<MacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com> wrote:

> P.S. Bonus Question. Someone recently pulled out the corner of a white
> power adapter for a TiBook to expose some other connector type. Can you
> pull out the corner for the iPod's adapter? If so, what's under there?
> I'm afraid to force it.

If your talking about the white square AC adapter... which I think is an
amazing work of design down to the plastic corners that pop out for wrapping
the thin wire around and clipping it on at the end ... Attention to detail.
Sometimes it takes a few mistakes in-between to get it right though.
Anything is better than that "flying saucer" adapter from before!  What a
bother - they can file away that idea with the "hockey puck" mouse design!
:-)

Oops - got off track - back to the adapter plug...
You can pop off the end and attach other plug ends for use around the world
(purchase the travel kit from AppleStore).  It also allows you to attach an
AC cord between the power adapter and the wall socket instead of the AC
adapter being right at the wall socket.  You don't actually pop the piece
straight out but slide it up to remove.  It shouldn't be too hard.

>From what I've been reading, this is the same AC adapter that can be used
for the ipod (including the world travel kit).

- Tim

(holding off on the ipod until the next model - love those Audible.com books
for the whole family on our long trips in the car, through the house stereo
system, etc.)