warning to do with upgrading to Quicktime 6.1

F. Mortes fmortes at saltidiomes.com
Fri Jan 10 02:52:35 PST 2003

Hi,

A word of caution regarding the Quicktime  6.0 >> 6.1 free upgrade
available via automatic Software update.

I've just installed this upgrade and, after the required restart, have
found that it has totally wiiped out my Shared folder. This is now
empty, while it used to contain over 100 files!

Of course, this may not necessarily happen to you but I'm pretty certain
in my case it was caused by this upgrade.

For your reference, I'm running 10.1.5 on a Ti Powerbook.

Francesc