[MacDV] Re: DVR-105 install to iMac G4 -

Geno Kearney geno.kearney at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 13 10:56:43 PST 2003

Well I picked up a Cendyne (Pioneer) DVR-105 at Staples because they had one
there. I've got 14 days to decide if I should try to get it in my G4 iMac
flat panel or take it back.

I've seen the take-apart article at xlr8yourmac.com, and it doesn't look
very challenging. Other than voiding my warranty, are there any
repercussions I'm not thinking about?

I'm using 10.2.3 with an 800 mhz iMac. Will it be recognized immediately?

Do I need to stop using the DVD-R's I'm using now and use only 4x media?

The box does not at all mention Mac compatability.Only Windoze. Should that
worry me?

This is not a have-to upgrade for me, but it would be nice to halve the time
it takes to burn a DVD.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Geno