Distribution of DV Projects on Tape

Rick Powell rickyp at skinback.com
Wed Jan 15 13:28:16 PST 2003

I need to distribute some DV projects on VHS.

[I'd like to do it all on DVD but after much experimentation have not
found it to be reliable: 40% incompatibility rate last time]

I have a Sony VX2000 but only a cheap Panasonic VHS which so far has
not been able to record from the Sony. I can't figure out why. It's
just a consumer deck with no line switch.

So what deck should I buy? Should it be S-VHS or is good quality VHS
deck enough?

Budget is not too much of a problem although I don't want to buy one of
those nice Japanese dual decks. I've actually been thinking about
buying the JVC dual DV/S-VHS deck although I guess that's overkill for
this application. However, I'd rather use a dedicated deck for editing
and save the heads on the Sony.

Suggestions? Reviews? Best deals?

- - - -
Rick Powell