[MacDV] Re: storage/Frankenstein Macs

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Thu Jan 16 08:16:19 PST 2003

James Asherman wrote:

> Claudia Roberts wrote:
>
>> Hi Danny,
>> I meant DVD 4.5 Gig disk storage.  I'm using Media 100 and Adobe
>> Premiere on this
>> machine and heard that if I upgrade to a new machine I won't be able
>> to use my video
>> editing equipment on it any more so I would like to try to stay with
>> the 9600.   I need
>> more storage space but don't want to use a another hard drive because
>> of the recent HD
>> failure.
>> thanks for responding
>> Claudia
>>
>> Danny Grizzle wrote:
>>

> I don't see any reason why you couldn't put one of these
> http://www.creativepro.com/hardware/home/561.html
> on real easy.
> Jim

But you know 4.5 or even 7 it's not that much for raw video files.
If you are having trouble with your scsi drives and don't want to futz
with more maybe you want to get one of these
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/IDE/
and then get a whopping 40-80-120 gig HD for less than $ 150 and be
rockin' cheaper.
Jim