DV/AV converters.

sb videovideo at mac.com
Thu Jan 16 09:06:54 PST 2003

The Canopus PCI version is probably your best choice. Top rated conversion,
and since it's in the PCI form factor, it's about $100 cheaper than the
stand alone boxes.

Another highly regarded converter box is the Miglia Director's Cut.
And Data Video Tech has a good one too.

The Dazzle has gotten poor reviews
the Formac has also gotten poor to mixed reviews, though I believe it is the
only one that doesn't support Macrovision - for all you pirates out there.

I thought the Sony was discontinued.

Another way to get audio into the Mac is to use the Griffin iMate.

sb