[MacDV] Re: What do I need to burn DVD's?

Gene Fozard fozard at nauticom.net
Sun Jan 19 16:49:00 PST 2003

Just purchased that very drive from Office Max today.  Got a total of $90 off using the instant rebate and the mail in
rebate.  Have yet to install it.

Here's the MAC:
G4-400-AGP graphics (circa 2000)
ATI  Rage 128 16 MB VRAM
Matshita DVD ROM drive (to be replaced by the CenDyne/Pioneer A05, I would assume)
1 gig RAM (2-128's, 1-256, 1-512)
1 Quantum Fireball 20 GB system HD
2 IBM 37.5 GB HD's  for video/audio
1 IBM 75 GB HD for video/audio
Iomega 100 MB Zip Drive (never used)
OS 9.1 (have X.1 update but not installed yet, just ordered the Jaguar update for X.1) (Read somewhere not to install a
9.2.1 update but can't remember any particulars)
Final Cut Pro 2
Quick Time 5

I have printed out the Vince Hubbell article from Ken Stone's WWW site "Installing a SuperDrive in a G4."

I'd like to:

   * archive video & audio from 10 year old 3/4" UMatic tapes
   * archive weekly episodes of a weekly 30 minute interview show we tape/edit/broadcast on 2 local cable channels
   * do the usual family Christmas, birthday, wedding, video, photo, etc. stuff

all on DVD.

So, where does one go from here?  What else is needed?

Thanks for your assistance.

SHALOM