[MacDV] Re: What do I need to burn DVD's?

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jan 19 17:31:32 PST 2003

URL for that install web page please.

It says at the bottom of the specs on the back of the box DVR-105? Gold
and Maroon lettering 4x drive on the box? I ask because some people are
getting the old 2x 104 by accident. Both models are on the rebate form
and thus both are on sale.

No with Jaguar you need 9.2.2 using your 9.2.1 update CD that came with
10.1 and then running your Software Update Control Panel. 9.2.2 is the
appropriate version of 9 for Jaguar.

Next you need Final Cut Pro 3.0.4 for OS X.2 Jaguar. But FCP 4 is due
in April so maybe you want to wait for that before you update FCP 2 for
OS 9 to FCP 4 for OS X to save yourself the cost of one update that
will only last a few months.

Keep using QT 5 if you keep using FCP 2 in 9.2.2.

QT 6.1 is for FCP 3.0.4 and iMovie 3 for OS X. So update the Jaguar
install to QuickTime 6.1 (Software Update System Preferences Panel).
But leave the 9.2.2 in QuickTime 5 Pro because of your FCP 2. Make sure
you have run your QuickTime updater to be at the maximum 5 Pro but not
into 6.

You can do editing and burning with iLife for Jaguar available next
Saturday $49. That gives you a very sophisticated integrated iTunes
3.0.1, iMovie 3, iPhoto 2 and iDVD 3 for Jaguar multimedia production
suite. You already have iTunes 3.0.1 right? That's in the box too. Only
iDVD3 is not a free download from the Apple site. But that's what you
need to burn all your DVDs instead of the $1,000 DVD Studio Pro 1.5.

You can also do short term simple editing with iMovie 3 until you get
FCP 4 in April. iMovie 3 is highly integrated with iDVD 3 and the other
iLife applications. Perfect for the Christmas, birthday, wedding work
you mentioned.

But if you want to continue editing with FCP 2 in 9, you can then
reboot into Jaguar and burn your results with iDVD 3.

Kunga