[MacDV] Re: iMac G3, Ext. DVD burner & authoring options

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 20 21:31:08 PST 2003

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 11:31 PM, Randy Clark wrote:

> Downloaded ffmpegX 0.0.6c along with Sizzle this morning at work, but
> will have to wait until later to try them.

I've had good luck with Sizzle. Its easy to use - the tricky part is
getting the media in the right format.

I just played around with ffMpeg a bit today for the first time, and it
looks very powerful, but I didn't have much luck with it. One problem I
noticed and fixed is that it is based on unix macros which assume that
you don't have any spaces in the paths to your home directory and to
the media files you're working with. For example, if your User folder
is named something like "John Doe", the ffMpeg engine installer won't
work.

SR