[MacDV] Back UP storage options???

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Tue Jan 21 16:52:55 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 07:59 AM, Frank Flynn wrote:

> My internal HD is almost full, so my external 80Gb disk.  Mostly
> filled with
> iMovie projects and other media files some of which I could archive
> but I
> don't want to permanently delete them...
> What does the list recommend for storage like this?  Some of these
> projects
> are 20Gb or so.  I do have Retrospect (express which came with Norton

> Any other thoughts?  All advice is welcome.  (FYI - I have a newer G4)

Well, if all advice is welcome, I suggest getting FCP or FCE (depending
on your budget and whether you can get the education discount yourself,
or through someone you know). Then, after you finish a project (in
which you properly logged the tapes, of course), you can trash the
media, because FC makes recapturing the necessary video a breeze. So,
in the end, if you do a lot of editing, the $300 you spend on FC
(whether FCP ed or FCE) actually will save you money on HD space.

Daniel

Daniel Beck
danielbeck at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/danielbeck/