additional VCD Help

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Tue Jan 21 16:43:50 PST 2003

On 1/21/03 at 1:49 PM, GOROSANNA at aol.com transmitted the following
electronic message:

>Does anyone know of a way to maintain a 640 X 480 size to a project
>and burn to vcd utilizing toast?
>
>I have had no problem making VCDs and viewing them on a DVD player and
>cross platform on computer, but I would really like to be able to
>maintain the 640 x480 size, rather than toast's 320 X 240 size of the
>playback on short videos.
>
>TIA for any assistance

If you have (NTSC) VCD, you have 352x240 (which looks like 320x240
onscreen due to the difference between a monitor's square pixels and the
rectangular ones of a TV image).

SVCD will give you 480x360, DVD will give you 640x480 -- both of these
are your computer screen resolutions.

You can always use cmd-2 in QuickTime Player to play the VCD in a
double-sized window on your Mac. With good source images, this actually
displays reasonably.

--Dennis Cohen
  iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, & iDVD Bible
  Macworld Mac OS X Bible