[MacDV] Re: Back UP storage options???

Shirley Kehr ShirleyKat at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 22 07:32:43 PST 2003

"Gordon B. Alley" wrote:

> I'm actually interested in Final Cut Express, but of course it's not
> out yet. Hopefully it will behave like FCP in this case.

I didn't see any comments to this statement yet. Final Cut Express was
available from the moment it was announced at MacWorld. I ordered from
Apple about 2 hours after the Keynote and had it 2 days later.

My understanding is that you don't do batch capture in FCE like you do
in FCP. FCE does not use the timecode, though I understand it "sees" it.

from a previous post listing what FCE does NOT do/have...

* Timecode on captured clips will display as 00:00;00 (though the real
TC will
be embedded into the clip, you just will not be able to access it)

* no logging, you can Capture Now, Capture Clip and something called Capture
Project

Shirley