[MacDV] iMovie3from2

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Jan 22 07:47:57 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 12:20  AM, Mark Glick wrote:

> Will iMovie 3 read the media and the cut of my almost completed movie
> done with iMovie 2.x?

My guess (and that's all it is) is that it will read everything just
fine. My unsolicited advice is that if you're in the middle of a big
project and there's nothing in iMovie 3 you need to finish it, wait
until you're done before upgrading. This avoids the potential of
running into bugs in iMovie 3 and not being able to go back to iMovie 2
(its less likely that iMovie 2 will be able to read iMovie 3 files
-just another guess).

-Mike