[MacDV] Re: backup storage options

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Wed Jan 22 11:11:22 PST 2003

This is the first I've heard of the fragility of the Hi8 tape in a
Digital 8 camera. I think the DV tape is quite reliable. But like all
tape, it is subject to drop outs from time to time due to the physical
reality that tape is inherently fragile and flakes. I don't know about
what time does to tape. Perhaps some other list members could shed some
light on that aspect?