[MacDV] Re: Back UP storage options???

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Wed Jan 22 11:23:09 PST 2003

numbers an logging, you can forget about FCE. If you have a reel with
multiple zeros due to unrecorded gaps, someone else fill in the answer
please. I'm inexperienced with that problem. I think FCP doesn't know
where to go beyond the first gapless part. Somebody else knows right?

In future, try to make a point of not rewinding tape you are shooting
or always be careful about the cue if you do. Always tape a few seconds
beyond the shot you want to allow yourself some resume space if you
plane on rewinding and reviewing a shot before taking the next one.

Alternately, you can go for a digital dub (assuming you have two
cameras or a deck) of that reel's contents so that the dub will have a
new set of time code on it that FCP can consistently relate to.But any
dub may have dropouts, just like any original may have drop outs except
maybe more.

Tape is inherently fragile and drop out prone. It doesn't usually
happen. But it does happen from time to time.