The "Ken Burns" effect

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Thu Jan 23 11:18:28 PST 2003

I really like what I have seen from the new iMovie 3 presentation Steve
made, particularly the Ken Burns effect.

However, since I have not done a video project yet in either iMove or FCP I
would like to bypass getting my feet wet in iMovie and start directly in
FCP. I know it would be easier and perhaps even more fun in iMovie (and
certainly hardly a learning curve) but I don't want to be spending hours of
creative time making a project that cannot be utilized in FCP later or
relogged etc...

My question is this: The one thing that would hold me back and keep me in
iMovie would be the Ken Burns effect because I would definitely use that.
Does FCP have that type of feature?

Kathy