[MacDV] Re: Copying my DVDSP disk

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Fri Jan 24 07:15:02 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 08:08  PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> Dear Erica,
> Would you mind elaborating on the steps involved in doing the Redoable
> way and explaining what you mean by "This lets you reburn without
> recreating the image." please. I don't understand your shorthand
> explanation.

My interpretation (and hopefully Erica or someone else will correct me
if I'm wrong) is to:

1: Create a DVD sized disk image using Disk Copy.
2: Copy everything to that disk image.
3: Burn a new DVD from the disk image.
4: Repeat step 3 as many times as you want (don't need to recreate the
disk image -steps 1 & 2).

If this is the procedure, I'm wondering if a shortened method would be
to simply open up Disk Copy and tell it to create a "New Image From
Device" to handle steps 1 & 2 above.

-Mike