[MacDV] Scanmaker 5

Danny Grizzle danny at mogulhost.com
Fri Jan 24 07:19:04 PST 2003

On 1/24/03 6:26 AM, "Felix W. Ledesma" <Ledesmaf at bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> Anybody using Scanmaker 5 with a G4 and Mac OS X? I was told there is no
> support.

I have a Scanmaker 5, though I am not using it with OS X, it is supported by
VueScan. I use VueScan extensively with both OS 9 and OS X with a variety of
scanners including Scanmaker 5, Nikon Coolscan, Canon, etc. VueScan is
better than any manufacturer-supplied scanner driver. It allows many, many
orphaned scanners to be used with the latest generation of Mac hardware and
OS X. One warning: VueScan development is hyperactive. It is not uncommon
for Hamrick to release 2 new versions per week. I bet they average 50 new
releases per year. Shareware, no cost to upgrade, with a liberal license
that will allow a single user to install it on up to 5 computers.

  <http://www.versiontracker.com/>

  <http://www.hamrick.com/>

Danny Grizzle