[MacDV] Re: Copying my DVDSP disk

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Fri Jan 24 08:29:53 PST 2003

On Friday, January 24, 2003, at 09:15  AM, Michael Winter wrote:

> On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 08:08  PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:
>
>> Dear Erica,
>> Would you mind elaborating on the steps involved in doing the
>> Redoable way and explaining what you mean by "This lets you reburn
>> without recreating the image." please. I don't understand your
>> shorthand explanation.
>
> My interpretation (and hopefully Erica or someone else will correct me
> if I'm wrong) is to:
>
> 1: Create a DVD sized disk image using Disk Copy.
> 2: Copy everything to that disk image.
> 3: Burn a new DVD from the disk image.
> 4: Repeat step 3 as many times as you want (don't need to recreate the
> disk image -steps 1 & 2).
>
> If this is the procedure, I'm wondering if a shortened method would be
> to simply open up Disk Copy and tell it to create a "New Image From
> Device" to handle steps 1 & 2 above.

That's the way I would do it.  Then your disk image is only as big as
it needs to be, so if your DVD is only 1 or 2 GB, then that's how big
the disk image will be.  Toast can do the same thing.  Click the "Copy"
button, and with the disc you want to copy showing in the "Read From"
section, choose "Save as Disc Image" from the "File" menu.  Then for
subsequent copies, just drag the disc image to the "Copy" window (the
actual image file, not the mounted disc image "virtual disc").

Hope that helps.

- Mark