[MacDV] DVD discs

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Jan 24 17:35:27 PST 2003

What system and QuickTime version are you running? 10.2.3 and QT 6.1?
You mean iDVD 2.1?

Any DVD-R or -RW disks will work. You can fool iDVD 2.1 into writing to
a RW by priming the pump with a DVD-R disk then switching to a DVD-RW
disk into the DVR-105 just before you press the execute button.

DVD+R and +RW are a different format that is less compatible with older
DVD Players.

No you needn't buy Apple media. Most any brand will do.

If your DVDs don't play in your parent's DVD Player, buy them one that
will for $39 at Best Buy of Fry's. Compatible players are incredibly
cheap. It will probably work in what they have.