[MacDV] The New Towers - (formerly "refurbished G4")

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat Jan 25 13:55:11 PST 2003

You can still run your 9 apps in Classic mode which is often times
faster than running them natively Kathy. Do you know for sure that what
you think you "need" isn't available in X or doesn't run perfectly in
Classic mode? What apps?

You can't do the 9 native boot in the 2003 Macs because Apple is making
the ROM non-native 9 insistent. It won't matter what you do with the
hard drive. It still won't boot into 9. However Apple is going to
continue to offer the dual 1.25 GHz MDD with native 9 booting
capability — maybe at a lower price than now since that speed will
become the middle model when the next refresh is released. It will be
the fastest last OS 9 native booting Mac. Maybe it'll have some 2003
features like FW800. Who knows? Steve.