DVD-R Media

Ian Tucker carlian at picknowl.com.au
Tue Jan 28 12:29:29 PST 2003

> Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:21:53 -0800
> Subject: [MacDV] Re: DVD-R Media
> From: Thubten Kunga <Kunga at FutureMedia.org>
>
> If you buy a spindle of 200 DVD-R discs for $110 and add the $42=20
> shipping charge, it's still only $77=A2 each instead of $3
> australian=20
> (what is that American?).

Are you quoting from the meritline address for which Erica provided the
URL , or some other?    I cannot find any quote for $110 in the
meritline web pages.  They have spindles of "Accu" brand DVD-R's and
the price for 200 discs is $US158  .    When  international freight  of
$42 is added the unit price becomes  $US1.00.   You are quite right
ie. when buying in these quantities there is quite a savings on the
Australian price of $3 which equates to around $US1.80.  A spindle of
100 discs would work out to be around $A2.10 each (85c + 42c = $US1.27)
and is certainly still worth it.

It turns out the Canberra warehouse is out of stock anyway due to the
Asian slowdown for their Chinese New Year and it is not expected that
fresh supplies will be to hand for several weeks.

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

Ian Tucker