[MacDV] Re: iDVD and the Blue and White G3

Adrian Smith adrianslists at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 29 18:45:06 PST 2003

>Combining responses:
>
>>  Did you install Jaguar before or after you installed the DVR-104? If
>>  Jaguar didn't see the DVR-104 at the time of install it would have not
>>  installed the DVD Player 3.2. The fix would be to reinstall Jaguar or
>>  install the DVD Player 3.2 from the Jaguar install CD-ROM using
>>  Pacifist http://www.charlessoft.com to extract only that application
>  > for installation.
>
>Since I did install Jaguar on my machine before I installed the DVR-104
>SuperDrive, I believe your explanation is correct that the Jaguar installer
>could not have seen a DVD-capable drive on the machine at the time Jaguar
>was installed and, as a result, did not install the DVD Player application
>along with the rest of the other Jaguar apps.
>
>Using Pacifist from http://www.charlessoft.com, I was, however, finally able
>to install the DVD Player on my machine to try and see if it would run.
>Unfortunately, however, once the DVD Player was installed, I got the
>following message:
>
>"DVD Player encountered a serious error.  The current machine or system
>configuration is not supported. [-70013]"

I believe that is because the built-in video on the beigeG3 does not
support software DVD playback. To do that you need a minimum of a
Rage 128 card.

Check out www.xlr8yourmac.com for more details, eg

<http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/action.lasso?-database=faq.fp3&-layout=FaqList&-response=answer.faq.lasso&-recordID=33755&-search>

A very useful site for people pushing the boundaries of upgradability...

Adrian